Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions for using comm.network.
DISCLAIMER: The following terms are not a legal document, and final interpretation of such is up to the administration of comm.network.
- You have to follow the rules of this instance
- Updates won't be announced
- No uptime guarantee (see server specs for reason)
- No backup guarantee
- No guarantee that we do backups (we do sometimes, before major upgrades/changes)
- No guarantee that we can extract the data you want from a backup
- No guarantee that our backups work (never had to try it yet)
- We use NGINX logging. That means the following information will be logged when you do a request:
- Request Timestamp
- Source IP
- Requested URL
- Returned HTTP Status
- All your data is stored on the server this instance runs on.
- It's only on that one server and every other instance and relay we federate with.
- It will not be moved to a different machine, sold, or shared in any other way.
- This doesn't apply to the situation where we move to another server. We need to copy data in this case.
- There should be no tracking software running on this instance. (No Google Analytics, etc.)
- If you find one, please report it to admins immediately.
- We send mails using Google's SMTP relay because our own server was unable to send mails to most providers.
- Despite of that we use Cloudflare as a DNS provider (not as CDN) so Cloudflare will probably run analytics on DNS queries.